If you’d like a career with Hyland Precast and wish to be considered for a future position, please send your resume to email@example.com. We are continually expanding our Vancouver Island operations.
Please indicate your preferred career interest in administration, sales, plant operations or delivery drivers.
Hyland Precast Inc. is looking for a full-time experienced Technical Sales Representative to join the team and grow the precast concrete sales for utility, municipal, highway and traffic control, structural precast, waste and rainwater treatment, business in Comox Valley and Vancouver Island, BC.
- Ensuring sales growth for Hyland Precast Inc. products for the assigned territory.
- Proficient knowledge of all concrete products to advise customers.
- Identify all projects on island utilizing precast concrete products.
- Execution and follow-through on sales plans.
- Report goals and accomplishments (sales reports) on a regular basis.
- Cultivating sales opportunities through various associations.
- Analyzing the sales needs of each client to optimize sales targets.
- Presentations to engineers, municipalities, and contractors.
- Maintain contact with government departments that utilize precast products.
- Solving technical issues related to customer inquiries regard designing, production and products.
- Participation in all product, sales, technical training and certification to acquire and maintain standards knowledge within the industry.
- Participate in health and safety program.
- Background and proven track record in sales, preferably in the concrete industry with a good knowledge of precast concrete products.
- Minimum of 3 years commercial sales experience.
- Leadership skills are critical for this position.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to be persuasive and communicate with all levels of management, engineers and contractors.
- Planning and organizing skills.
- Ability to be flexible and deal with changing priorities.
- An understanding of engineering principles.
- A strong understanding of CAD drawings.
- Strong work ethic, and disciplined self-management.
- Experience and comfort with cold calling and prospecting new sales opportunities.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft products including word, excel, powerpoint, internet and be willing to learn new software programs as the position requires.
Competitive with benefits, mileage and applicable incentive program.
If you think this role looks like your next step, and you meet the above requirements, we would like to hear from you. Please submit a resume with experience via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.